[gdal-dev] Supported Overview resampling for COG

Vincent Sarago vincent.sarago at gmail.com
Thu Apr 15 15:00:48 PDT 2021

Bonjour/Hi,

While I was working on https://github.com/mapbox/rasterio/issues/2153 <https://github.com/mapbox/rasterio/issues/2153> (add missing RMS resampling method for overviews in rasterio) I wanted to double check which resampling methods were actually supported.

In gdaladdo, the doc says: “nearest,average,gauss,cubic,cubicspline,lanczos,average_mp,average_magphase,mode” but in the COG docs <https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/blob/master/gdal/doc/source/drivers/raster/cog.rst> only `NEAREST/AVERAGE/BILINEAR/CUBIC/CUBICSPLINE/LANCZOS` are mentioned.

I haven’t tested but looking at the code it seems that all methods supported in gdaladdo should be supported in the COG driver?

Thanks,

Vincent