[gdal-dev] Supported Overview resampling for COG

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Apr 16 02:33:05 PDT 2021

Vincent,

Le 16/04/2021 à 00:00, Vincent Sarago a écrit :
> Bonjour/Hi,
>
> While I was working on https://github.com/mapbox/rasterio/issues/2153
> <https://github.com/mapbox/rasterio/issues/2153> (add missing RMS
> resampling method for overviews in rasterio) I wanted to double check
> which resampling methods were actually supported.
>
> In gdaladdo, the doc says:
> “nearest,average,gauss,cubic,cubicspline,lanczos,average_mp,average_magphase,mode”
> but in the COG docs
> <https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/blob/master/gdal/doc/source/drivers/raster/cog.rst> only
> `NEAREST/AVERAGE/BILINEAR/CUBIC/CUBICSPLINE/LANCZOS` are mentioned.
>
> I haven’t tested but looking at the code it seems that all methods
> supported in gdaladdo should be supported in the COG driver?

For the OVERVIEW_RESAMPLING creation option, all methods supported by
gdaladdo should be supported

For the WARP_RESAMPLING  creation option, all methods supported by gdalwarp

For the RESAMPLING one (shortcut to set both above), the intersections
of both

Perhaps the doc should just point to the list of methods of the relevant
utility page to make maintenance easier.

Or alternatively have a .rst file we can include in both (similarly to
some of the common options between utilities stored in
doc/source/programs/options/ and then included )

We'd welcome your doc enhancement regarding this :-)

Even