[gdal-dev] Finalizing online documentation wrt sponsoring

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Fri Apr 16 02:20:33 PDT 2021

PSC,

There's some momentum building on the public announcement. We already
got several people asking how they could join.

It would be good if we could quickly move and finalize the sponsoring
documentation that will be on the website.

So there's this pull request https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/3681
that matches the preview of the website I showed recently. So with a
front page listing the sponsors, and then a link to the FAQ and another
one to the sponsorship prospectus. For the later, in the PR it is still
as a .rst/.html page, but ultimately we'll just replace it with a
standalone PDF file stored and linked from the website: the idea is that
people can circulate it within their org to the decision-making level.

The prospectus will be a PDF version of
https://docs.google.com/document/d/1yhMWeI_LgEXPUkngqOitqcKfp7ov6WsS41v5ulz-kd0/edit?ts=60777468
, once we have finalized it.

I believe the main source of discussions is to decide what to put behind
the "GDAL Advisory board" of sponsors. A discussion was started at
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/3682#discussion_r614274074

Even