[gdal-dev] How to incorporate driver updates into GDAL?

Hongmei Zhu HonZhu at clarku.edu
Fri Apr 23 08:59:32 PDT 2021

Hi all,

I join the mailing list just now to ask a question for help.

IDRISI driver in GDAL doesn't support Cylindrical Equal Area (CEA) so far. Since IDRISI GIS software has added the CEA to its supported reference system, the GDAL IDRISI driver needs to be updated. So, I added the support of CEA in the driver, and we have tested it within IDRISI in Clark Labs, and it passed all tests. Now I want to incorporate the updated version into GDAL. How to do that? Can I send it to Even Rouault? That was the way I did before -- I directly sent the code to Frank Warmerdam when I updated it a few years ago.

Thank you very much for any help.

Hongmei
GIS developer at Clark Labs