[gdal-dev] Nitf Metadata parsing

Matthew Baran matthewsbaran at gmail.com
Tue Apr 27 18:45:31 PDT 2021

Hi,

Please note that the DES related PR was merged after the 3.2 release -
hence no 3.2.x packages will have the xml:DES metadata domain or the DES
related objects.

To access the xml:DES metadata domain you will either have to build the
source code from the current master branch, or use the nightly docker
build, or wait for 3.3 packages to be released.

If you use the latest source from master you do not need to enable the
ESRI_BUILD flag to access DESs.  You can simply use
GDALDataset::GetMetadata() or command line as Brad demonstrated - no
special build settings required.

Hope that helps-

Matt

On Tue, Apr 27, 2021 at 9:02 PM jovajova24 <ejovenitti at gmail.com> wrote:

> Brad, sorry for pushing but I'm going in circles here. It looks like you
> and
> Even had this discussion i.e.,
>
> http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/gdal-dev-Accessing-DES-in-NITF-through-GDAL-td5434141.html
>
> You gave me the example of how to output the DES's  from the command line,
> but the builds I'm pulling can't actually get access to the DES data on
> Windows.
>
> Was your build that you showed the output from above complied with the
> ESRI_NITF flagged as Even suggested?
>
> If yes, I can't figure out how to set the ESRI_NITF build flagged, any
> thoughts?
>
> Thanks again.
>

> --
> Sent from: http://osgeo-org.1560.x6.nabble.com/GDAL-Dev-f3742093.html