[gdal-dev] GDAL NITF COMRAT issue when combining SDE_TRE=YES with compressio

Chastain, Raymond Lee (MU-Student) rlc5m8 at mail.missouri.edu
Sat Aug 14 04:22:16 PDT 2021

When we enable JPEG-2000 compression (or any IC=* creation option) alongside "SDE_TRE=YES" we get:
"Warning 1: Unable to locate COMRAT to update in NITF header."

We require the precision increase provided by "SDE_TRE=YES" and dropping the IC creation option
explodes the size of our final mosaics by an order of magnitude. Using either option separately is fine,
however, combining them emits this warning.

For context we are taking GeoTIFF mosaics and converting them to the NITF format when we encounter this.

Thanks,
Raymond.