[gdal-dev] GDAL 3.3.2 RC2 is available [was Re: GDAL 3.3.2 RC1 available]

Sean Gillies sean at mapbox.com
Tue Aug 31 09:34:16 PDT 2021

Hi Even,

Would it be difficult to change the RC URLs and release directory to
include the "rc*" string? If the download was at
https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.3.2rc2/gdal-3.3.2rc2.tar.gz and extracted
to gdal-3.3.2rc2 I would only need to make a one line change to my build
system to test it.

I did find some failures in the tests we run when building and testing
rasterio's binary distributions (the wheels on PyPI). GDAL 3.3.2rc2 and
PROJ 7.2.1. The errors seem to come from a failure to auto identify the
EPSG codes in spatial reference systems created from, for example,
'+init=epsg:4326' or '+proj=longlat +datum=WGS84 +no_defs'.

https://github.com/mapbox/rasterio/blob/master/rasterio/_crs.pyx#L241-L243

These failures did not occur with 3.3.0. I'm retroactively checking 3.3.1
now.

Here's the pytest output for one of the failures:

______________ test_to_epsg[+proj=longlat +datum=WGS84 +no_defs]
_______________
proj_string = '+proj=longlat +datum=WGS84 +no_defs'
    @pytest.mark.parametrize('proj_string', ['+init=epsg:4326',
'+proj=longlat +datum=WGS84 +no_defs'])
    def test_to_epsg(proj_string):
        """CRS has EPSG code"""
>       assert _CRS.from_proj4(proj_string).to_epsg() == 4326
E       assert None == 4326
E         -None
E         +4326

On Tue, Aug 31, 2021 at 3:05 AM Even Rouault <even.rouault at spatialys.com>
wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Here's a RC2 with 2 additional changes w.r.t RC1:
>
> - NEWS file to correctly mention 3.3.2
>
> - gdal_viewshed: Fix incorrect progress reporting (fixes #4390)
>
> Updated download links:
>
>    https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.3.2/gdal-3.3.2rc2.tar.xz
>    https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.3.2/gdal-3.3.2rc2.tar.gz
>    https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.3.2/gdal332rc2.zip
>
> https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.3.2/gdalautotest-3.3.2rc2.tar.gz
>    https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.3.2/gdalautotest-3.3.2rc2.zip
>
> Even
>
> Le 30/08/2021 à 14:27, Even Rouault a écrit :
> > Hi,
> >
> > I have prepared a GDAL/OGR 3.3.2 release candidate.
> >
> > Pick up an archive among the following ones (by ascending size):
> >
> >   https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.3.2/gdal-3.3.2rc1.tar.xz
> >   https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.3.2/gdal-3.3.2rc1.tar.gz
> >   https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.3.2/gdal332rc1.zip
> >
> > A snapshot of the gdalautotest suite is also available :
> >
> > https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.3.2/gdalautotest-3.3.2rc1.tar.gz
> >   https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.3.2/gdalautotest-3.3.2rc1.zip
> >
> > GDAL-GRASS plugin:
> >
> >   https://download.osgeo.org/gdal/3.3.2/gdal-grass-3.3.2.tar.gz
> >
> > The NEWS file is here :
> >
> >   https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/blob/v3.3.2RC1/gdal/NEWS
> >
> > I'll call for a vote promoting it to final later this week if no
> > serious problems are reported before.
> >
> > Best regards,
> >
> > Even
> >
> --