[gdal-dev] Help on DWG data extraction with GDAL/ODA

Maxime Colmant maxime.colmant at gmail.com
Fri Dec 3 02:17:49 PST 2021

Hello,

I'm currently playing with GDAL and ODA to extract the data from a DWG file.
I would like to extract the block attributes and I did not find any
solution.
I tried to use the DWG_INLINE_BLOCKS but nothing linked to these attributes
are extracted.
I'm not sure if it is supported right now.

If I used the DXF (converted with the ODA file converter), I can extract
them with the DXF_INLINE_BLOCKS set to false (as mentioned here:
https://gdal.org/drivers/vector/dxf.html#dxf-inline-blocks).

Is it something we can easily support for DWG?
It seems we are able to read them because the ODA converter does.

I would be happy to contribute, but I'm kind of new to DWG, GDAL and ODA.
Can someone help me with this?

Many thanks,