[gdal-dev] Get max elevation on "squares"

Joaquim Manuel Freire Luís jluis at ualg.pt
Tue Dec 28 13:50:55 PST 2021

This is for the Lisbon Airport.
The first time it downloads the grid(s). Here something is probably failing because it shouldn't need to download all tiles that make up the global grid (8 tiles and 30 Mb for this resolution)

echo -9.1409 38.7718 | grdtrack -G at earth_relief_03m
grdblend [NOTICE]: Remote data courtesy of GMT data server oceania [http://oceania.generic-mapping-tools.org]

grdblend [NOTICE]: Earth Relief at 3x3 arc minutes from Gaussian Cartesian filtering (5.6 km fullwidth) of SRTM15+V2.1 [Tozer et al., 2019].
grdblend [NOTICE]:   -> Download 90x90 degree grid tile (earth_relief_03m_p): S90W180

-9.1409 38.7718 87.2690486581