[gdal-dev] Get max elevation on "squares"

Andrew C Aitchison andrew at aitchison.me.uk
Wed Dec 29 02:42:53 PST 2021

On Tue, 28 Dec 2021, Luca Bertoncello wrote:

> Am 28.12.2021 um 16:45 schrieb Alan Snow:
>> This resource is useful to help you get started exploring raster data
>> with Python:
>
> Maybe there is other possibility than write a Python code? I really
> don't know Python and if I first need to learn it to extract the
> information I need, it will take a while...
>
> I discovered this:
> 	https://www.eea.europa.eu/data-and-maps/data/digital-elevation-model-of-europe/
>
> The resolution is enough for my purpose and the file size is OK.
> So as I understand in this file every pixel has a size of 3x3 km, is it
> correct?

Is this the max or the average height of the square ?

Do you need to warn of pylons, skyscrapers, bridges or radio masts ?
These are unlikely to be included in such map data.

I note that you say aircraft must fly above 600m
but this wont apply to working helicopters and takeoff/landing.

--
Andrew C. Aitchison					Kendal, UK
 			andrew at aitchison.me.uk