[gdal-dev] Get max elevation on "squares"

Luca Bertoncello lucabert at lucabert.de
Wed Dec 29 02:48:41 PST 2021

Am 29.12.2021 um 11:42 schrieb Andrew C Aitchison:

> Is this the max or the average height of the square ?

Mmmm... Now I'm unsure...

> Do you need to warn of pylons, skyscrapers, bridges or radio masts ?
> These are unlikely to be included in such map data.

None of them. Gound elevation

> I note that you say aircraft must fly above 600m
> but this wont apply to working helicopters and takeoff/landing.

Well, I simplified...
<flying instructor mode>
ICAO says: 2000ft over GND reduced to a minimum of 500ft over GND if
coulds or airspace obligate the pilots to descend.
Under 500ft GND to fly is just for take off and landing allowed.
Helicopters need a special permission to descend the 500ft GND, too.
</flying instructor mode>

;)

Regards
Luca Bertoncello