[gdal-dev] [EXTERNAL] Re: Get max elevation on "squares"

Baker (US), Anthony W Anthony.W.Baker at boeing.com
Wed Dec 29 04:59:20 PST 2021

unsubscribe

-----Original Message-----
From: gdal-dev [mailto:gdal-dev-bounces at lists.osgeo.org] On Behalf Of Luca Bertoncello
Sent: Wednesday, December 29, 2021 5:49 AM
To: gdal-dev at lists.osgeo.org
Subject: [EXTERNAL] Re: [gdal-dev] Get max elevation on "squares"

EXT email: be mindful of links/attachments.

Am 29.12.2021 um 11:42 schrieb Andrew C Aitchison:

> Is this the max or the average height of the square ?

Mmmm... Now I'm unsure...

> Do you need to warn of pylons, skyscrapers, bridges or radio masts ?
> These are unlikely to be included in such map data.

None of them. Gound elevation

> I note that you say aircraft must fly above 600m but this wont apply
> to working helicopters and takeoff/landing.

Well, I simplified...
<flying instructor mode>
ICAO says: 2000ft over GND reduced to a minimum of 500ft over GND if coulds or airspace obligate the pilots to descend.
Under 500ft GND to fly is just for take off and landing allowed.
Helicopters need a special permission to descend the 500ft GND, too.
</flying instructor mode>

;)

Regards
Luca Bertoncello