[gdal-dev] Fw: Building GDAL with ECW support

pteroglossus at pm.me pteroglossus at pm.me
Mon Feb 1 12:21:28 PST 2021

Hi Jeff, Richard,

Thanks for your quick replies.

I did come across this page:"https://trac.osgeo.org/gdal/wiki/ECW" but as you said, the info is outdated and therefore confusing when you don't really know what you're doing...

The instructions here (https://gist.githubusercontent.com/aborruso/eed6895278edd320db6631b33d10836e/raw/53e1bd297625804a2120ba341ae6ae3e6023a6f8/gdal_ecw.sh) seemed similar but clearer and I was able to complete most of the steps, including these two:

- "/.configure" : https://pastebin.com/UGsKP7ts
- "make clean": https://pastebin.com/M8P87CVq

My problem started there at the last step:

- "make": https://pastebin.com/6bMjhcyk

I have the feeling it might be fixable with some knowledge of the building process, which I suspect you may have.

If I messed up too badly, I'll delete everything and start over using Richard's notes.

Regards,

Kevin