[gdal-dev] Fw: Building GDAL with ECW support

Richard Duivenvoorde rdmailings at duif.net
Tue Feb 2 00:35:21 PST 2021

On 2/1/21 9:21 PM, Pteroglossus via gdal-dev wrote:

> My problem started there at the last step:
>
> - "make": https://pastebin.com/6bMjhcyk

Not sure which ecw sdk you downloaded, but when I did the notes there told me to use GDAL 3.1, and from your output you are using 2.3.1?

>From the ERDAS_ECW_JPEG2000_SDK.pdf:

Version 5.5 Update 2
Released: September 2020
Updated public GDAL driver to be compatible with 5.5 release and GDAL 3.1.

Not sure if it should compile with 2.3.1 also but because of that I just 'git cloned' the gdal repo and then 'git checkout release/3.1' to get to the 3.1 sources...

Good luck

Regards,

Richard Duivenvoorde