[gdal-dev] Fwd: ogr2ogr crash attempting to drop table in filegdb

Jan Heckman jan.heckman at gmail.com
Thu Feb 4 05:03:58 PST 2021

Dear list,

About the filegdb driver
Attempting:
ogr2ogr -f FILEGDB test.gdb bag2101.gdb -update -sql "drop table
standplaats"
crashed ogr2ogr (obtained from gisinternals.com, gdal-302-1928-x64-core.msi
etc) with a heap corruption. (VS: Unhandled exception at 0x00007FFE1C6EF099
(ntdll.dll) in ogr2ogr.exe: 0xC0000374: A heap has been corrupted
(parameters: 0x00007FFE1C7587F0).)
The table does get dropped.

The table was inserted from a shapefile using:
ogr2ogr --config shape_encoding "UTF-8" --config FGDB_BULK_LOAD YES -append
-f "filegdb" bag2101.gdb sta.shp -nln standplaats -sql "select identifica
as identificatie,hfdadresid as hoofdadresid,* from sta", and displays
properly in Qgis.

So the filegdb driver appears to be properly installed.

Also,  I could not get column renaming to work. Using dialects filegdb and
OGR SQL,
ogr2ogr -f FILEGDB test.gdb test.gdb -update -sql "alter table vbo_actueel
rename column oppervlakt to oppervlakte"  -dialect "FILEGDB"
gives ERROR 1: Failed at executing 'alter table vbo_actueel rename column
oppervlakt to oppervlakte' (An invalid SQL statement was used.);
using -dialect SQLITE, I get
ERROR 1: In ExecuteSQL(): sqlite3_prepare_v2(Alter table vbo_actueel rename
column oppervlakt to oppervlakte): no such table: vbo_actueel
whereas ogrinfo clearly states the table exists.

I am trying to clear my arcgis ties preferring Qgis and for reasons of
cost, but sometimes I do need to provide data in filegdb format.

Thanks in advance for any advice,
Jan

PS. I do not add the shapefile for reference, since that version of this
mail got "rejected by the owner" for being about 1500 bytes in size.