[gdal-dev] Catching many errors of the same record (ogr2ogr)

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Jan 12 04:50:02 PST 2021

On vendredi 8 janvier 2021 15:58:39 CET matteo wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> I've 2 small questions during a syncing from a GPKG to a PG DB with
> constraints using -skipfailures:
>
> * is it possible to show only the constraint error and not also the
> insert one? Even if there is only a single error, reading the log it
> seems that there are 2 of them (I know a person should only read....)
> * is there are 2 errors (e.g. constraints error) BUT in the same record,
> ogr2ogr shows only the first one and not all of them

Why not experimenting outside GDAL a bit ?

$ psql

# create table foo(bar integer check (bar = 1), baz integer check (baz = 1));
# insert into foo values (2,2);
ERROR:  new row for relation "foo" violates check constraint "foo_bar_check"
DETAIL:  Failing row contains (2, 2).

and asking your favorite search engine about
"postgresql get all constraint violations"

==>
https://stackoverflow.com/questions/23822162/error-message-with-all-constraint-violations-in-postgres

Even