[gdal-dev] JPEG/PNG 12 bits GDAL python

jesus.moran at solute.es jesus.moran at solute.es
Fri Jan 22 02:02:33 PST 2021

Hello and thank you in advance,

Im trying to generate png and jpeg 12 bits images from a GTiff single band
file with no success. I know is there a way to generate 12 bits images in
the GDAL command line as I have seen in some examples (“gdal_translate
mandril_rgb.tif -co COMPRESS=JPEG -co PHOTOMETRIC=YCBCR -co NBITS=12
out.tif”) but trying it with my singlebands tif files it only generates a
black image (with PHOTOMETRIC set to MINISBLACK). Is it only a method for
rgb files?

Searching in the python API I only can find gdalconst for 16, 32 and 64 bits
formats. Is there a way to do the same with 12 bits files?

Kind regards

 <http://www.solute.es/>

Jesús Maria Morán Rosado
Project Engineer

Av. Cerro del Águila, 3, 28703 S.S. de los Reyes, Madrid

CONFIDENTIALITY: This e-mail and any attachments are confidential and may be
privileged. If you are not a named recipient, please notify the sender
immediately and do not disclose the contents to another person, use it for
any purpose or store or copy the information in any medium.