[gdal-dev] Computing my overviews for GeoTIFF

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Jul 13 05:04:12 PDT 2021

Javier,

You can use the "NONE" resampling method in BuildOverviews() or gdaladdo
to create the overviews IFD without allocating any storage, and then you
can open the file in update mode to set whatever values you want.
APPEND_SUBDATASET=YES will not set the appropriate value for the
SubFileType TIFF tag, and thus such pages won't be recognized as overviews

Even