[gdal-dev] Computing my overviews for GeoTIFF

Javier Jimenez Shaw j1 at jimenezshaw.com
Tue Jul 13 04:57:05 PDT 2021

Hi

I am computing the overviews of a GeoTIFF on my own (using the GPU, much
faster), and I want to include them in the tif file (also in the ovr
sidecar file).
What is the best way to do it? Just creating a multipage TIFF (I guess with
the option APPEND_SUBDATASET=YES)? Is there anything else needed (metadata,
tiff tags, etc)?

So far I want to do it in RGBA 8 bit images. (In the future I want to do it
also in float32 images with nodata value and any number of bands, but no
hurry).

I am using GDAL 3.3.1

Any help is welcome.

Thanks.
Javier.
Entre dos pensamientos racionales
hay infinitos pensamientos irracionales.