[gdal-dev] Metadata exceeding 32000 bytes cannot be written into GeoTIFF....

Lorenzo Di Giacomo loridigia at gmail.com
Wed Jul 14 12:37:46 PDT 2021

Hi i'm having a NetCDF (.nc) file, with N bands each of those have N levels.

My final goal would be have a single GEOTIFF with all the bands and levels
(since Geotiff dont support levels, all the levels will be a BAND)....

So my workflow would be: extract each band and its levels to 1 single tiff
each -> merge all tiffs in 1 final GeoTiff

But the problem, now, seems that i cant extract a band multi-level to a
single geotiff.
Using the command:

gdal_translate -a_srs EPSG:4326 -strict
NETCDF:MITO_20210713_20210713T00.nc:V -of GTiff
/Users/lollo/Desktop/TESTMITO/V.tiff

I actually have a GeoTiff with all the levels of the band "V" (in the
netcdf) as bands in the tiff... But there are not metadata, because i got a
WARNING:

Metadata exceeding 32000 bytes cannot be written into GeoTIFF. Transferred
to PAM instead.

How can i have 1 single tiff with all the metadata coming from the band in
netcdf? Thank you!!