[gdal-dev] Call for discussion on RFC 83: guidelines for the use of GDAL project sponsorship

Sean Gillies sean at mapbox.com
Wed Jun 2 12:36:34 PDT 2021

Hi Even,

I've got two questions. I don't think they need answers before we vote, but
I'm curious if asking them leads to any useful discussion.

Will we strictly require project proposals to be submitted and approved
before work starts? Will we allow works in progress to apply for funding?

Should we address, in the text of the RFC, the possibility of conflicting
proposals? Should we limit the number of proposals per person/organization
to minimize conflicts?

> Applicants will provide the amount to be funded. Proposals may be put
together by one or several individuals (in the later case, to be determined
if we can let the team have a "invoicing point of contact" and let them
arrange how to dispatch it amongst members, or if each team member should
ask for its part of funding). An applicant may submit proposals for several
subjects.

--
Sean Gillies