[gdal-dev] TypeError Wrong number or type of arguments for overloaded function 'CoordinateTransformation_TransformPoint'.

zerovirus123 briansia93 at gmail.com
Wed Jun 16 08:50:54 PDT 2021

Hi all,

       So I created a new Conda environment, installed only gdal-3.3.0 from
conda-forge, isolated the code snippet from my project and ran the code. The
code executed without any issues. I then ran the test code in my old
environment and it worked fine, but when I ran the whole project I got the
TransformPoint error. It seems like an issue with my environment rather than
gdal itself.

      Would it be safe if I install gdal related libraries (fiona,
geopandas, etc...) with conda-forge, and everything else with pip? Some
packages can only be installed with pip...

Thanks for the help. And by the way Jukka, how would I solve the database
error?