[gdal-dev] I couldn't use OGRCreateCoordinateTransformation

Ahmet Temiz ahmettemiz88 at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 01:28:26 PDT 2021

Thank you,
I am reading a shape file with line geometry in epsg:3857 projection.

.I create buffer from lines (polyCollect)
.union  them (unionCascaded)
. then convert it to multipolygon (poOGRMultiPolygon)
. then transform is necessary for each polygon in poPolygon from epsg:3857
to epsg:4326

  Here is the code:
    OGRGeometry * unionCascaded = polyCollect->UnionCascaded();
    OGRMultiPolygon * poOGRMultiPolygon= ( OGRMultiPolygon * )
unionCascaded;

    int NumberOfGeometries= poOGRMultiPolygon->getNumGeometries();

    OGRSpatialReference source;
    OGRSpatialReference dest;
    source.SetWellKnownGeogCS( "EPSG:3857" );
    dest.SetWellKnownGeogCS( "EPSG:4326" );

    OGRCoordinateTransformation* ct =
OGRCreateCoordinateTransformation(&source, &dest);

    for (int j=0; j< NumberOfGeometries ;j++    ){
        OGRGeometry * polyGeometry = poOGRMultiPolygon -> getGeometryRef(j);
        OGRPolygon *poPolygon= ( OGRPolygon *) polyGeometry;

        OGRErr err=poPolygon->transform(ct) ;