[gdal-dev] Polygon operations

Met Bas Metabaseacc at gmail.com
Sun Jun 20 03:57:53 PDT 2021

Even Rouault-2 wrote
> The polygon of a cutline is reprojected into the coordinate system of
> the source image, so densification of its contour might have an effect
> indeed.
>
> Le 19/06/2021 à 22:27, Metabase Account a écrit :
>> I might be thinking of this incorrectly, but if they're done in 2D
>> without any spatial consideration, inserting additional vertices in
>> between shouldn't have an effect on behavior right? However it does
>> seem to have an effect when using operations such as warp with the
>> polygon as the cutline.
>
> --
> http://www.spatialys.com

Thank you. This makes sense and have confirmed in testing that adding
vertices along the contour prior to reprojection lead to a relatively
significant 0.6 meter offset in my case than not having done so.

On that note, when using a polygon as a cutline, the determination of the
cut is done according to which side the center of the pixel is on?