[gdal-dev] Converting fid from GeoJSON into GeoPackage

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Mon Jun 21 08:22:37 PDT 2021

Thanks,

I believe this resolves my previous problem by the same. The indirect_sqlite dialect is not so handy in this case because it wants do download the whole collection from OAPIF.

So because OAPIF is sending data as GeoJSON there is no name for the FID column and it is obligatory to use ogr2ogr with "-preserve_fid" if the aim is to preserve FID.  I will see if there is something to improve with this in the documentation. I had some trouble with joining  edited data with the original because 15 million feature ids changed into counting numbers.

-Jukka-