[gdal-dev] New JPEG 2000 Driver

Frank Warmerdam warmerdam at pobox.com
Wed Mar 3 13:10:05 PST 2021

Folks,

When Andrew first mentioned RFC 34 I skimmed it and was a bit surprised it
existed though perhaps it seemed a wee bit familiar.  Now that Even
mentions it was not ever implemented I see that *I* proposed it and
presumably did not actually follow up on implementing it or getting it
adopted.   It still seems like a vaguely good idea, but also apparently one
without a compelling need since it has not been followed up on.

However, it does not solve the build-time problem posed by Greg.  I think
the approach that inclusion of reciprocally licensed or proprietary drivers
requiring explicit inclusion at configure time is a reasonable approach to
avoid accidental license violations by packagers.

Best regards,
Frank

warmerdam at pobox.com
light and sound - activate the windows | +1 650-701-7823