[gdal-dev] Motion: remove and deprecate a few drivers

Andrew C Aitchison andrew at aitchison.me.uk
Thu Mar 4 00:59:06 PST 2021

On Thu, 4 Mar 2021, Javier Jimenez Shaw wrote:

> (using a docker image to convert any of those removed formats if you find a
> file at the bottom of you cellar in the far future is a great alternative.

I don't have a lot of confidence in being able to run an old docker image
in the far future, especially if I don't have an x86 machine to run it on.

https://medium.com/nttlabs/buildx-multiarch-2c6c2df00ca2
suggests that docker images should be built "multi-arch"
so that they run on x86 and the new ARM-based Apple Macs.
Who is going to rebuild and host the current GDAL docker like this ?

--
Andrew C. Aitchison					Kendal, UK
 			andrew at aitchison.me.uk