[gdal-dev] More info on gdalwarp resampling methods?

Matt.Wilkie at yukon.ca Matt.Wilkie at yukon.ca
Tue Mar 30 16:40:24 PDT 2021

Hi folks,

I'm seeking more information on the various gdalwarp resampling methods, the scenarios where they are most usefully applied, and the converse: where they should not be used. It would be especially helpful if there were also visuals. For example I know what min/max/median are when working with a list of numbers but my understanding of what they do when applied to rasters of various types is quite hazy.

Background: I'm getting error messages when trying to use some of the methods with 16bit imagery and I don't know if I'm seeing a gdal bug, a data bug, or just "you can't use that method with this raster type".

ERROR 1: Failed to acquire WarpMutex in WarpRegion().

Thanks!

Matt Wilkie
Geomatics Analyst
Environment | Technology, Innovation and Mapping
T 867-667-8133 | Yukon.ca<http://yukon.ca/>
Hours: 08:30-16:30, Tue-Wed: Office, Thu-Fri: Remote.