[gdal-dev] Python Binding Update?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue May 4 05:21:15 PDT 2021

Hi Andrew,

> I recently updated my local GDAL tree from github and it apparently
> forced the need to regenerate some Python bindings with SWIG. This
> modified the local files:

Yeah, I also noticed that a few times lately. This is a side effect of
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/3697 . I'm not sure why this happens
as the timestamps of the generated .cpp files should be higher than the
source .i files, and the issue is that when they are regenerated the
'sed' tweaks done in the make generate target aren't applied. You may
open a ticket about that

> swig/python/extensions/gdal_array_wrap.cpp
> swig/python/osgeo/gdal_array.py
>
> Are these files supposed to be committed to the source repo?

Yes and no.

Yes, given how things are set up currently.

No, ideally: see https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/issues/3562

> Am I supposed to make a PR with the changes?

No

Even