[gdal-dev] Formation of advisory board

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu May 13 13:19:50 PDT 2021

PSC,

Per
https://gdal.org/development/rfc/rfc80_numfocus_relationship.html#gdal-advisory-board
<https://gdal.org/development/rfc/rfc80_numfocus_relationship.html#gdal-advisory-board>,
we institute a Advisory Board with part of the sponsors. We need to put
that into reality soon.

After discussing with Chris, here are the following suggestions:

- consider May 31st as the deadline for the set of sponsors we consider
in the designation process of the representative of the Gold (at least,
1 representative for every 3 Gold sponsors. Chris suggested we could ask
each if they'd like to be) and Silver (1 representative for the whole
set of Silver sponsors) sponsors for the year to come.

- ask OSGeo SAC for the creation of a gdal-advisory-board mailing list.
Only approved subscribers will be allowed to post (representative of
sponsors + PSC members willing to be part of it + people benefiting from
funding), but it will be publicly archived.

Any objection ?

Even