[gdal-dev] Options of gdalwarp not all exposed in the GDAL Python gdal.Warp ?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Mon May 31 14:12:57 PDT 2021

Thomas,

part of the unexposed options are indeed due to:

- sometimes desynchronization between the C++ and Python API

- sometimes not finding quickly a good enough Python name, and the
option being of marginal use

- or because the handling of the switch must be done when
opening/creating the input/output dataset and, as gdal.Warp() can accept
dataset objects in addition to filenames, the option would be without
effect. If you look at apps/gdalwarp_lib.cpp in the
GDALWarpAppOptionsNew() function, all switches that have only the effect
of setting a field of the psOptionsForBinary structure aren't good
candidates to be mapped as kwargsoptions. -overwrite is in this category
(if you pass an output dataset *object*)

Regarding -rb, -rc, -rcs they are historical shortcurs for -r bilinear,
-r cubic, -r cubicspline that have been undocumented for phasing them
out as we have now a bunch of methods compared to the few ones of older
versions.

Even