[gdal-dev] setting MAX_Z_ERROR on overviews compressed with LERC_DEFLATE

Duarte Carreira dncarreira at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 03:44:54 PST 2021

Hi there.

I am looking into compressing overviews for a DEM, with LERC_DEFLATE and it
works. But I'm trying to set the precision loss and get better compression,
since for overviews I don't really care that much.
Ok, so the question is how to set the MAX_Z_ERROR for overviews compressed
with LERC_DEFLATE?

More context:
My reasoning is to compress losslessly the dem with deflate predictor 3,
and then compress "lossly"  the overviews with lerc_deflate.
Since this is 32bit dataset, I can't use jpeg on the overviews.

Thanks in advance.
Duarte