[gdal-dev] Black borders after reprojection GDAL_WARP

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Nov 18 06:46:23 PST 2021

Black borders are completely expected: reprojection changes the geometry
of the image.

That said, if the area of interest is sufficiently small and the
geometry change being approximatively an affine transformation, you can
try https://gdal.org/programs/gdalmove.html instead of gdalwarp to only
alter the georeferencing information and not touch pixel values at all.

Even