[gdal-dev] setting MAX_Z_ERROR on overviews compressed with LERC_DEFLATE

Duarte Carreira dncarreira at gmail.com
Thu Nov 18 09:15:00 PST 2021

Hi Even. I created a ticket:
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/issues/4848

Thanks.

>We would need a MAX_Z_ERROR_OVERVIEW config option for that. Please >file an
enhancement ticket

>Even

>Le 18/11/2021 à 12:44, Duarte Carreira a écrit :
>>* Hi there.
*>>>>* I am looking into compressing overviews for a DEM, with LERC_DEFLATE
*>>* and it works. But I'm trying to set the precision loss and get better
*>>* compression, since for overviews I don't really care that much.
*>>* Ok, so the question is how to set the MAX_Z_ERROR for overviews
*>>* compressed with LERC_DEFLATE?
*>>>>* More context:
*>>* My reasoning is to compress losslessly the dem with deflate predictor
*>>* 3, and then compress "lossly"  the overviews with lerc_deflate.
*>>* Since this is 32bit dataset, I can't use jpeg on the overviews.
*>>>>* Thanks in advance.
*>>* Duarte*