[gdal-dev] setting MAX_Z_ERROR on overviews compressed with LERC_DEFLATE

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Thu Nov 18 09:34:44 PST 2021

Hi,

I have no experience on 32 bit images but play with gdaladdo and compression options and report what you find. External overviews (-ro) are handy for testing because you can simply rename or delete the .ovr file and make new run with other options. External overviews take some more space than it takes to add internal overviews into TIFF but best option as external should be best as internal too.

-Jukka Rahkonen-