[gdal-dev] GDAL COG - Problem with Overviews

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Thu Nov 25 05:37:37 PST 2021

Hi,

Please use “reply to all” for including the list as a recipient.
More details would lead to less guessing. Please add gdalinfo about the source and result (georeferencing is not important), tell how did you get the image of the original (which bands were selected, was any color enhancement applied). QGIS and a look at Layer properties – Symbology is good for that. Test with gdal_translate before going to Python and send us the command if you face the same trouble. If you cannot solve the problem yourself send a link to test image. It does not need to be your real image, any technically similar image is good and usually even better if you cut it smaller. A 200x200 pixel sized piece of the original image without georeferencing is one alternative that probably would not reveal secrets.

-Jukka Rahkonen-