[gdal-dev] Cancel DXF writing

Javier Jimenez Shaw j1 at jimenezshaw.com
Tue Nov 30 07:33:28 PST 2021

Hi

I want to cancel the writing of a DXF file. It has, let's say, a million
points. Before adding each point I check if the user canceled the task.
I have noticed that while I am writing point by point, the actual file in
the disk that is growing is called "file.dxf.tmp", and only when I close
the dataset it really writes "file.dxf", deleting the tmp one.

When the user cancels the process, I want to top writing and delete the
file. I am calling the method MarkSuppressOnClose() , but I see that still
the "file.dxf" is created... and then removed. This final step may take a
long time, that is not needed at all.

Is there a way to cancel efficiently that process?

Thanks.
Entre dos pensamientos racionales
hay infinitos pensamientos irracionales.