[gdal-dev] RFC 84: Migrating build systems to CMake

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Tue Oct 5 07:04:38 PDT 2021

> I guess that means that an option for builders to configuring drivers as
>     builtin / plugin / not included
> is out of scope (not present in current system).
> If someone is going through all the drivers it might make sense to
> do this at the same time, or at least design things so that
> only a central change is needed to enable it for all drivers ?

The main objective is to reach reasonable-enough feature parity, but
that'll certainly be the oppurtunity to add new capabilities.

What you mention is something I've in mind, and cmake4gdal has already
existing functions to control how/which drivers are built:
https://github.com/miurahr/cmake4gdal/blob/master/helpers/GdalDriverHelper.cmake

It will certainly require some further tunings. There are also some
complications like drivers that depend on other drivers, so it might not
be practical for all drivers.