[gdal-dev] ogr2ogr changes field length

matteo matteo.ghetta at gmail.com
Thu Oct 7 08:40:35 PDT 2021

Even,

still a weird issue with the command. I'm using this command

ogr2ogr -f "ESRI Shapefile" /home/matteo/myfolder "PG:dbname='mydb'
host=myhost port=5432 user='myuser' password='mypws' sslmode=disable
schemas='dati'" --config PG_USE_COPY YES --config PG_LIST_ALL_TABLES YES
-progress'

so without any append or overwrite (dumping a whole schema in a folder).

I've both spatial and not spatial tables and for all of them the text
fields are created in PG like:

CREATE TABLE mytable (
     ID SERIAL PRIMARY KEY,
     NOTE text
)

and all these fields are 80 characters long in the newly created
shapefiles...

I don't know if I can give some more information..

Cheers and thanks

Matteo