[gdal-dev] gdallocationinfo + WCS question...

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Oct 21 12:49:50 PDT 2021

Jukka,

I don't understand how you get a non-error on the below request on your
WCS service:

https://beta-karttakuva.maanmittauslaitos.fi/wcs/service/ows?SERVICE=WCS&REQUEST=DescribeCoverage&VERSION=2.0.1&COVERAGEID=korkeusmalli__korkeusmalli&FORMAT=text/xml
advertizes 3 bands

but the GeoTIFF returned by

https://beta-karttakuva.maanmittauslaitos.fi/wcs/service/ows?SERVICE=WCS&REQUEST=GetCoverage&VERSION=2.0.1&COVERAGEID=korkeusmalli__korkeusmalli&SUBSET=E%28498656,500704%29&SUBSET=N%287542384,7543408%29&Format=image/tiff

has just one band.

Or maybe you have in your ~/gdal/wcs_cache a previous version of the
DescribeCoverage response that advertizes just one band ?

And for what is worth,

gdallocationinfo
"WCS:https://elevation.nationalmap.gov:443/arcgis/services/3DEPElevation/ImageServer/WCSServer?version=2.0.1&coverage=DEP3Elevation
<https://elevation.nationalmap.gov:443/arcgis/services/3DEPElevation/ImageServer/WCSServer?version=2.0.1&coverage=DEP3Elevation>"
-wgs84 -122.086 42.948 --debug ON

returns 1882.00549316406 for me

The multipart answer doesn't seem to be an issue.