[gdal-dev] Does OAPIF paging work as supposed?

Rahkonen Jukka (MML) jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Tue Sep 28 00:04:51 PDT 2021

Hi,

Even Rouault wrote:

> One option to avoid both issues would be for the service to publish
> DescribedBy links at the collection level that would point to a XML
> schema (using a GML Simple Feature schema profile, such as the one
> understood by the GML driver) or a JSON schema (not "too" complicated too).
> Both are handled by the driver.

We added JSON schema and ogrinfo seems to read it, but it still wants to read one page of data:

ogrinfo OAPIF:http://some.internal.service/features/collections/PalstanSijaintitiedot/ -al -so -oo PAGE_SIZE=10000 -nocount -noextent -nogeomtype --debug on

HTTP: Fetch(http:// some.internal.service /features/collections/PalstanSijaintitiedot/schema)
HTTP: These HTTP headers were set: Accept: application/schema+json
OAPIF: Using JSON schema
HTTP: Fetch(http:// some.internal.service /features/collections/PalstanSijaintitiedot/items?f=json&limit=10000)

I wonder if there is still something in ogrinfo that I cannot turn off and what triggers the need to read some features, perhaps the coordinate system.

-Jukka Rahkonen-