[gdal-dev] format for a boolean raster

Javier Jimenez Shaw j1 at jimenezshaw.com
Mon Apr 11 02:58:16 PDT 2022

Hi

This question is about "best practices" to create a GeoTIFF with boolean
data.

I have to create a GeoTIFF with single band boolean data (yes/no), but also
with invalid pixels (out of area of interest, my data is not a rectangle).
For the "invalid pixels" I was thinking on using No-data-value, but not
sure.

What is the best format/configuration for that?

The final destination are people with a GIS viewer, like QGIS.

Thanks.
Javier
Entre dos pensamientos racionales
hay infinitos pensamientos irracionales.