[gdal-dev] determine default SQL dialect

Rahkonen Jukka jukka.rahkonen at maanmittauslaitos.fi
Tue Aug 2 02:27:51 PDT 2022

Hi,

About INDIRECT_SQLITE dialect, it is documented in https://gdal.org/user/sql_sqlite_dialect.html
“If the datasource is SQLite database (GeoPackage, SpatiaLite) then SQLite dialect acts as native SQL dialect and Virtual Table Mechanism is not used. It is possible to force GDAL to use Virtual Tables even in this case by specifying “-dialect INDIRECT_SQLITE”. This should be used only when necessary, since going through the virtual table mechanism might affect performance.”
There is also an usage example for one special use case.

ES is documented in https://gdal.org/drivers/vector/elasticsearch.html.
MONGO_DB is documented in https://gdal.org/drivers/vector/mongodbv3.html.

-Jukka Rahkonen-