[gdal-dev] Is there a way to create a spatial index in FGB if created without?

Björn Harrtell bjorn.harrtell at gmail.com
Sat Dec 3 05:18:10 PST 2022

So this (https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/6804) optimization by Even
might be helpful here.

In any case nice to see the limits of current FlatGeobuf impl. being put to
the test. 🙂

I suppose one could do an on disk sorting implementation but I'm not sure
it's worth the complexity of it and speed trade off.

If i can get to it would like to get some measurements done to properly
document the amount of RAM required as a function of number of features to

Björn