[gdal-dev] libtiff v4.5.0 release candidate available

Kai Pastor, DG0YT dg0yt at darc.de
Sat Dec 10 02:40:44 PST 2022

Thanks for your work!

There is an issue with tiff_vers.h:
The new linebreak style of the TIFF_VERSION_STR definition breaks
version detection in CMake's FindTIFF.cmake,
leaving TIFF_VERSION unset (in CMake). Some packages rely on this
variable. E.g. openimageio in vcpkg:

-- Found TIFF
CMake Error at src/cmake/checked_find_package.cmake:154 (if):
   if given arguments:

     "VERSION_LESS" "4.0"

   Unknown arguments specified
Call Stack (most recent call first):
   src/cmake/externalpackages.cmake:90 (checked_find_package)
   CMakeLists.txt:141 (include)

which probably comes from some

if(${TIFF_VERSION} VERSION_LESS "4.0")

I would suggest to restore a formatting which doesn't break existing
CMake code.

Regards, Kai