[gdal-dev] ERROR 13: The specified key does not exist

Michael Smith michael.smith.erdc at gmail.com
Mon Dec 12 06:29:09 PST 2022

Clive,

A solution to this is to use a GDAL configuration file that will allow you to set per path options for your authentication, allowing you to use one set of credentials for read and one for write. See https://gdal.org/user/configoptions.html#gdal-configuration-file

Starting with GDAL 3.5, a configuration file can also contain credentials (or more generally options related to a virtual file system) for a given path prefix, that can also be set with VSISetPathSpecificOption(). Credentials should be put under a [credentials] section, and for each path prefix, under a relative subsection whose name starts with “[.” (e.g. “[.some_arbitrary_name]”), and whose first key is “path”.

Mike

--

Michael Smith

US Army Corps of Engineers