[gdal-dev] ogr pgdump commits

Andrew Terry andrew.terry at centremaps.co.uk
Mon Dec 19 02:48:10 PST 2022

Hi,

Successfully writing data to postgres using ogr2ogr with pg_dump to push data through psql in the style:

ogr2ogr --config PG_USE_COPY YES -f PGDump /vsistdout/ abc.shp | psql -d my_dbname -f -

I'm finding some warnings in my logs and pushing the output to a file I can see it creates SQL like:

SET standard_conforming_strings = OFF;
BEGIN;
COPY ....
\.
END;
COMMIT;
BEGIN;
COPY ....

As a result, I'm getting the following which I understand to be due to psql already applying it's own begin / commit:

BEGIN
COPY 72
COMMIT
WARNING:  there is no transaction in progress
COMMIT

Purely for the purposes of allowing me to avoid these WARNING messages in error logging, I wondered whether there's any way to avoid this.

Thanks!

Andy