[gdal-dev] VSIFGetc and VSIFReadL

Andrew C Aitchison andrew at aitchison.me.uk
Sat Dec 31 03:39:57 PST 2022

My plugin driver uses both VSIFGetc and VSIFReadL/VSIFWriteL
on the same stream*.

Since https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/pull/6883 made VSILFILE* and
FILE* different, I cannot figure out which I am supposed to use.
Possibly we need a VSIFGetcL to match VSIFReadL/VSIFWriteL
just as we have the non-large-file versions VSIFGetc/VSIFRead/VSIFWrite.

Though it may be easier just to change my code to use VSIFReadL
throughout instead of VSIFGetc ...

Thanks,

---------
* "man fgetc" on Ubuntu says:
     Calls to the functions described here can be mixed with each
     other and with calls to other input functions from the stdio library
     for the same input stream.
and the stdio library includes fread/fwrite, so I think it is OK to use both.

--
Andrew C. Aitchison                      Kendal, UK
                    andrew at aitchison.me.uk