[gdal-dev] cmake status update - 99% good news!

Joaquim Manuel Freire Luís jluis at ualg.pt
Wed Jan 26 11:56:51 PST 2022

>Ah my if(MSVC) suggestion was because I wrongly assumed you used mingw (the _w64.dll >suffix made me thing of mingw64), but I see the VC14 so you use MSVC.

The “_w64.dll” (and _w32.dll) suffixes are the reason why I rebuild everything. Is there any way to set them in current cmake solution? It was possible with nmake but for cmake I’m using this patch to the root CMakeList.txt, which at a later stage, if there is no existing alternative, I would like to propose it’s official inclusion.

# If a renaming of the dll has been set in ConfigUser.cmake

if (WIN32 AND GDAL_DLL_RENAME)

set_target_properties(GDAL PROPERTIES RUNTIME_OUTPUT_NAME ${GDAL_DLL_RENAME})

endif (WIN32 AND GDAL_DLL_RENAME)