[gdal-dev] What to do with DODS drivers ?

Even Rouault even.rouault at spatialys.com
Thu Jan 27 07:23:12 PST 2022

Hi,

The GDAL and OGR DODS drivers were announced to be planned for removal
for 3.5. Someone jumped yesterday in
https://github.com/OSGeo/gdal/issues/5173 to ask to keep them (or maybe
just one of the raster of vector one, but they didn't specify which one
they use).

To what extent is that still useful and working ? It looks like
protocols doing things similar to WCS or WFS ?

As I indicated in the ticket, our unit tests for those drivers are all
disabled currently. If someone has still interest in keeping those
drivers, they should quickly come with a pull request to resurrect the
tests.

Even